REASONS WHY WE SHOULD WANT TO BE AMONG THE FAITHFUL FEW. (this is a follow up of a message recently on “The Faithful few.”)
Text: Revelation 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.”
I.TEN THINGS THE FAITHFUL FEW WILL DO FOR US:
1. THEY WILL CHALLENGE US WITH THEIR EXAMPLE. 1 Thess 1:7 “So that ye were ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia.” 1 Peter 5:3 “Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.”
II. TEN THINGS THAT BEING A MEMBER OF THIS ELITE GROUP WILL MEAN:
4. THAT WE TAKE SERIOUSLY OUR COMMITMENT TO CHRIST. Romans 6:6 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.”
5. THAT WE HAVE TRIED THE WORLD AND TRIED CHRIST AND FOUND SERVING HIM FAR BETTER.
6. THAT WE WANT TO BE A GOOD MORAL AND A SPIRITUAL EXAMPLE TO THE REST OF OUR FAMILY and the society in which we live for Jesus Christ.
The central factor in predicting the rise or fall of crime in society seems connected with the rise or fall of the degree of social involvement by the church and of its widespread emphasis, or lack of it, on the need for individual morality. The church must be a moral example setter; often to its shame, it is NOT.
The church must reemphasize the possibilities of “life changing” conversions to Jesus Christ and personal accountability by its members to Him. “I know thy works…”
7. THAT WE HAVE COME TO REALIZE THAT LIFE IS SHORT AND DEATH IS SURE, AND WE MEAN TO MAKE OUR LIFE COUNT IN MAKING A DIFFERENCE FOR CHRIST.
8. IT WILL KEEP US FROM RUNNING WITH THE WRONG CROWD, 1 Peter 4:3-5 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries: 4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you: 5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.”
WE HAVE NO TIME TO WASTE BY BEING AN INACTIVE CHRISTIAN, OR ABSENTEE CHURCH MEMBER, BUT WEWILL BE THERE FOR THE BODY.
AN ABSENTEE MEMBER IS SHUTTING HIMSELF OFF FROM THE GOOD AND THEBEST THAT GOD HAS TO OFFER. ASK DOUBTING THOMAS IF THIS IS SO.
WHAT A SHAME TO GO THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT THE DISCOVERY OF THE BLESSING OF WORSHIP IN THE HOUSE OF GOD.
WE NEED WHAT OUR CHURCH CAN DO FOR US IN DEMANDING OF US THAT WE REFUSE TO SETTLE FOR MEDIOCRITY AND INSTEAD INSPIRE US TO REACH FOR THE STARS, SET WORTHY GOALS, AND LOVE OUR FAMILIES.
9. THAT WE HAVE SET OUR AFFECTIONS ON HIGHER, NOBLER THINGS. WE HAVE TASTED OF THE WORLDS OFFERINGS AND FOUND THEM FOUL AND UNSATISFYING TO OUR SPIRITS. Col 3:1-3 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.”
CONC.: THERE NEED BE NO CLASS ENVY HERE. IT ISN'T NECESSARY TO BE JEALOUS OF THE FAITHFUL FEW WHEN IT IS QUITE SIMPLE TO BECOME ONE OF THEIR NUMBER. YOUR INDUCTION TO THIS ELITE HALL OF FAME IS ENTIRELY UP TO YOU.
PLEASE DON'T CHEAT YOURSELF OR THE REST OF US OUT OF THE BENEFIT OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN THE FAITHFUL FEW.
Click on the MP3 Amazing Grace icon.
The music will continue as you visit other pages in our site. If you wish to click on any other audio file you must CLOSE this one first.
Revelation 11:17 "Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned."
Bible Study 9:30
Choir Practice 5:00
Men’s Prayer 5:15
Evening Worship 6:00
Men’s Prayer 5:15