I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult:
I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8-year old again:
- I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four-star restaurant.
- I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make ripples with rocks.
- I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.
- I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.
- I want to return to a time when life was simple. When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know - and you didn't care.
- All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that could make you worried or upset.
- I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.
- I want to live simple again.
- I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.
So, here's my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit card bills and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood.
And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause "Tag! You're it!"
Okay, Okay, so maybe we can't really return to childhood...But we can return in a healthy way, in our hearts to the simplicity - the simple faith & trust of a child.
Click on the MP3 Amazing Grace icon.
The music will continue as you visit other pages in our site. If you wish to click on any other audio file you must CLOSE this one first.
Revelation 11:17 "Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned."
Bible Study 9:30
Choir Practice 5:00
Men’s Prayer 5:15
Evening Worship 6:00
Men’s Prayer 6:15